For the past 20 years, I have been developing the esteemed Parkview Senior-Living Community in Caledonia, offering both affordable and market-rate apartments.
To clarify possible misunderstandings from prior Journal Times articles regarding the Parkview and me:
• I am a former a Wisconsin resident.
• I attended the University of Wisconsin-Madison as an undergraduate and graduate student.
• I am currently an Illinois resident.
• I maintain an apartment in Caledonia.
• I sustain an excellent reputation, including with major banks.
• In 1993, I established a trust whereby over 90% of my assets go to charities and not-for-profits (three in Wisconsin).
• I was a finalist in a national development competition for best property of its kind in the U.S.
• Two not-for-profits are involved in the Parkview.
• Parkview’s established buildings are usually at or near 100% occupancy.
• The market has determined the Parkview to be an excellent value.
• The recently completed Parkview Gardens (assisted living and memory care) is leasing well.
• There is a growing need for senior housing.
• The Parkview expansion will allow more Racine County seniors to stay close to home, neighbors, family and friends.
• As seniors age, they give up driving, which is made easier by the Parkview van service. Therefore, the proposed Parkview expansion will have a low impact on traffic, which is verified by a traffic study.
• The civil engineering of the Parkview expansion land will improve drainage in the area.
Parkview's mission statement is: Quality real estate development, achieved legally, morally, ethically, fairly and even compassionately. Please support our seniors and this Parkview expansion.