Subscribe for 17¢ / day

An 18-year-old Madison man was charged Tuesday with secretly recording women in bathroom stalls at a UW-Madison dormitory just hours after his father bailed him out of the Dane County Jail for similar charges that police say occurred eight days earlier.

Larry M. Seidl, Jr., is back in jail after he was charged with four counts of capturing an intimate representation without consent following the incidents at Ogg Hall around 6:30 p.m. on Sept. 7, according to a criminal complaint. Three of the victims were women and one victim was a 17-year-old girl, the complaint stated.

He also was charged with two counts of bail jumping for breaking the terms of his bail that included staying off of UW-Madison property and not using recording or photography devices in public restrooms, the complaint stated.

Earlier on Sept. 7, Seidl had been charged with four counts of capturing an intiminate representation without consent for incidents that occurred on Aug. 30 and one more count for an incident on Aug. 11, according to online court documents.

The incidents on Aug. 30 occurred at Sellery Hall, UW-Madison police said. He also was charged with fourth-degree sexual assault for an incident on Aug. 31 that Madison police said occurred on State Street.

Seidl was released from jail on Sept. 7 after he made his initial court appearance and his father, Larry L. Seidl, posted $1,000 bond. But Seidl stayed in jail after his bond hearing Tuesday where Dane County Court Commissioner Jason Hanson set bail at $3,500 per case.

Seidl, who is not a UW-Madison student, lived at the Prez House apartment building on the East Campus Mall and his father was helping him move out and back to Iowa after he was bailed out on Sept. 7, the criminal complaint stated.

According to the criminal complaint:

UW-Madison police contacted Seidl outside the Prez House after they were investigating reports that a man was taking photos of women in Ogg Hall and Seidl matched witnesses' description and behavior of the man. Seidl's father told UW-Madison police that his son had taken his cell phone and took off for approximately 10 minutes but did not know where he had gone.

Seidl's father then opened up the last video taken on the cell phone for UW-Madison police and they could see Seidl looking at the phone before the phone is passed under the stall divider of a bathroom and a female is seen on the screen.

At that point, Seidl was taken into custody and transported to the Dane County Jail.

Three of the victims told police they saw the phone appear from under the stall divider and saw a man in the women's restroom either before or after the incident. There were 15 videos with different filenames found on the cellphone.


Load comments