Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Edit
Foxconn to interview 2,000 applicants at first hiring fair

Foxconn to interview 2,000 applicants at first hiring fair

  • 1
{{featured_button_text}}

MOUNT PLEASANT — The Foxconn Technology Group will be holding its first hiring fair from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. next Saturday, Oct. 13, at 13315 Globe Drive in Mount Pleasant, near the intersection of Highway 20 and Interstate 94.

The Associated Press reported that four other hiring events have been scheduled as well: Oct. 21 in Racine, Oct. 24 in Green Bay, Oct. 27 in Eau Claire and Nov. 2 in Milwaukee.

As of Saturday afternoon, there are 261 openings at Foxconn, most of which are based in southeastern Wisconsin, according to FoxconnJobs.us.

Foxconn exec: 13K jobs 'absolutely' attainable

In August, Foxconn executive Louis Woo told The Journal Times that his company’s goal of creating 13,000 new jobs by 2023 is “absolutely” achievable. He said that about 10 percent of Foxconn’s local hires will be assembly workers, with the remaining 90 percent being considered “knowledge workers.”

Only the first 2,000 people to apply will be allowed to attend the fair. To be considered, applicants must preregister online.

To preregister, follow the steps listed below:

Go online to bit.ly/2C1vbWv or fewidev.com/events/#/pre-register

Answer a few questions

Upload a resume

Click submit

Foxconn emphasized that both military veterans and citizens are welcome to apply for jobs.

Before applying, Foxconn encourages applicants to look over what jobs are available at foxconnjobs.us.

After preregistering, interview times will be emailed to applicants who are accepted on either Oct. 11 or Oct. 12.

5
0
1
1
5

Get local news delivered to your inbox!

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Dennis Wiser wore many hats in his 70 years. He was a City of Racine alderman from 2010-2018 and became the first person to serve three consecutive terms as Racine City Council president in at least 70 years. Then from July 2017 to November 2017 he served as interim after John Dickert stepped down, and before Cory Mason was elected and sworn in. He served on the Racine Unified School Board for 12 years, from 2008 to 2020. Wiser was a retired math teacher who had also previously served as the executive director of the Racine Education Association, the Racine teachers’ union.

On Wednesday, he died unexpectedly.

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.

Topics

News Alert

Breaking News