Subscribe for 17¢ / day
Racine Fire Department News

RACINE — A Sunday afternoon fire in a garage and storage shed caused an estimated $45,000 in damage.

The Racine Fire Department responded to a garage fire reported at about 2:30 p.m. at 3401 Republic Ave. Upon arrival, crews found heavy smoke coming from a detached garage to the east of the home.

Firefighters were able to knock down the fire quickly, according to a news release, and the blaze was contained to the garage and an attached storage shed.

No one was reported injured, and the property was turned over to the owner.

The fire originated in an ATV in the storage shed, according to the release, and was caused by welding.

The Racine Police Department also responded to the scene.

Subscribe to Daily Headlines

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Load comments