Skip to main content
You have permission to edit this article.
Racine man charged with substantial battery

Racine man charged with substantial battery


RACINE — A Racine man was charged with substantial battery after allegedly getting into a fight outside of a bar on Saturday.

With rollout continuing at record speed, a crucial question is on everyone's minds, how long will the vaccine protect us? Experts discuss the length of immunity offered by the vaccinations. Source by: Stringr

Tydelle Dee Isom, 28, of the 900 block of Racine Street, was charged with a felony count of substantial battery and a misdemeanor count of disorderly conduct.

According to a criminal complaint:

At 10:16 p.m. Saturday, officers were sent to Sixth Street and College Avenue for a report of a man in the street being beaten by another man. An officer was notified that Metro Security, a private security company, had a man, identified as Isom, on the ground at taser point. He had a bottle of vodka with him.

Tydelle Isom


Isom told the officer that the victim pulled a knife on him so he punched him. The officer then spoke to the victim who said he was at the bar with Isom. He wanted to leave and Isom wanted to come stay at his house, but he told Isom he didn’t want him there. Isom then punched him in the jaw and kicked him. Isom then allegedly grabbed a beer bottle from his hand and struck the victim in the head with it.

At the hospital, staff told the officer that the victim would need one or two staples in the right side of his head.

Isom was given a $1,000 signature bond and a $250 cash bond in Racine County Circuit Court on Monday. A preliminary court hearing is set for April 21 at the Racine County Law Enforcement Center, 717 Wisconsin Ave., online court records show.

Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

According to a criminal complaint filed Wednesday, two former Horlick wrestlers came forward, alleging at least one assistant coach knew the volunteer coach had been seen allegedly taking photographs of the boys showering about 10 years ago. They described having to revisit what happened, upon making reports to the police, as "emotionally traumatizing" and "very triggering."

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.


News Alert

Breaking News