RAYMOND — Four pigs reportedly died in a Saturday night barn fire in the Town of Raymond.
Upon his arrival, Dinauer said one end of the barn was on fire, but gusting winds caused the fire to expand rapidly. The barn was a total loss, he said.
Dinauer said about a dozen fire departments responded to the scene, mostly to provide water to fight the flames.
He said the fire is believed to be related to electrical heat lamps that were being used to keep the pigs warm.
Cattle that were being kept in a nearby area were moved away from the fire, Dinauer said.
Crews remained on scene for three to four hours.