You are the owner of this article.
Fireworks lead to front porch fire on 17th Street

Fireworks lead to front porch fire on 17th Street

Racine Fire Department News

Fireworks were determined to be the cause of a fire on the front porch of a residence on 17th Streeet.

The Racine Fire Department was called by neighbors who saw a fire on the front porch just after midnight Friday.

The occupant woke and used a mop to push the fire off of the porch and onto the sidewalk, extinguishing the blaze before fire crews arrived on scene, according to a Racine Fire Department news release.

While there was $100 worth of estimated damage, no one was injured or displaced, according to the news release.

Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 888-636-9330.


Sign up for our Crime & Courts newsletter

* I understand and agree that registration on or use of this site constitutes agreement to its user agreement and privacy policy.

Related to this story

Most Popular

Get up-to-the-minute news sent straight to your device.


News Alert

Breaking News