RACINE - A teen accused of raping a 2-year-old girl last year pleaded no contest to first-degree sexual assault of a child Tuesday in Racine County Circuit Court.
Christopher Sorensen, 17, of Milwaukee, was found guilty of the charge by Judge Allan Torhorst and will be sentenced on July 11. He faces up to 40 years in prison.
Sorensen was 16 when he was charged as an adult for the rape of the 2-year-old Racine girl.
According to the criminal complaint, on Feb. 20, 2010, the girl's mother woke up to find her daughter was no longer next to her in bed. The mother told police she then saw Sorensen on top of her daughter with both of their pants pulled down.
The mother of the girl reportedly yelled and struck him with a plastic sword. She told police she went into the kitchen to get a knife and Sorensen ran out of their apartment.
Sorensen was visiting a 12-year-old boy at the apartment, according to reports.
In court Tuesday, Torhorst warned members of Sorensen's family and the victim's family that they were not allowed to have contact with each other after attorneys for the state and defense claimed threatening behavior had taken place. Torhorst warned both families that they faced contempt of court charges if they did not comply.