RACINE — The eighth annual Dan Jam Music Festival will be held from 2 to 10 p.m. Saturday, June 25, at the Johnson Park Pavilion, 6200 Northwestern Ave. The entertainment lineup:
- 2-2:15 p.m. — A Tribute to Aaron Lundquist (poetry)
- 2:15-2:30 p.m. — Cilla Squad (hip-hop)
- 2:30-2:45 p.m. — Jessie Lynn McMains (poetry)
- 3-3:45 p.m. — Naomi Marie (acoustic folk pop)
- 4-4:45 p.m. — Celtic Gypsies (Irish folk)
- 5-5:30 p.m. — Drum Circle
- 5:30-7 p.m. — R.A.S. Movement (reggae)
- 8:15-8:45 a.m. — Raffle Drawing
- 8:45-10 p.m. —Nick Ramsey & The Family (hip-hop/funk)
The festival is held in honor of Daniel Robert Conner, a Racine man who was killed in a motor vehicle accident in Racine County on June 27, 2008. Conner believed in helping others, especially youth and the less fortunate.
The event’s attendance has steadily risen each year and more than 1,000 people are expected to attend this year. Over the course of the past eight years, more than $27,500 and 2,750 pounds of food have been donated to the Racine County Food Bank.
The event will also include an assortment of food, drinks, games and other family activities, and a raffle.
Admission is $10 or $8 with two nonperishable food donations, and includes four food tickets and one drink ticket. There is no charge for children ages 6 and younger.