The Racine Symphony Orchestra is thrilled to announce dates for the 2016-17 season of concerts. Since this will be the 85th season, special events, commemorations and celebrations will be included throughout this milestone birthday year — stay tuned. Tickets are now available for all concerts.
Our ever-popular Pops Concerts will again be held in June, August and December. As these concerts often sell out, early ticket purchase is strongly encouraged. Two Masterworks Concerts, one in each of October and April, will be performed at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside’s Frances Bedford Concert Hall.
In addition to our concert offerings, the Racine Symphony Orchestra is thrilled to continue to offer a vast menu of music education programs. These include the Artist-in-Residence, Young Artists’ Competition, Middle School Mentorship Program, Side-by-Side Youth Invitational, Concert for Fifth Grade Students, All County High School Chorus and PreConcert Conversations. Aside from a nominal entry fee associated with the Young Artists’ Competition, every one of the programs is offered free of charge.
- Summer Pops — Friday, June 24, 7 p.m. (doors open at 5:30 p.m.), Festival Hall, 5 Fifth St. Special guest is Doug Clemons, vocalist.
- “Music for a Summer Evening Celebrating Our 85th” Special Event — Saturday, Aug. 6, 5 to 8:30 p.m. at The Johnson Foundation at Wingspread, 33 E. 4 Mile Road. Special guest is Jack and Jill Jazz.
- Summer Pops — Friday, Aug. 26, 7 p.m. (doors open at 5:30 p.m.), Festival Hall, 5 Fifth St.
- Masterworks Concert — Sunday, Oct. 9, 3 p.m. at Frances Bedford Concert Hall, UW-Parkside, 900 Wood Road, Kenosha. Special guest is Kelsey Molinari, harpist.
- Holiday Pops — Friday, Dec. 9, 7 p.m. (doors open at 5:30 p.m.) at Festival Hall, 5 Fifth St. Special guests are Bob Benson and Racine County High School Choirs.
- Masterworks Concert Season Finale — Saturday, April 8, 2017, 7:30 p.m. at Frances Bedford Concert Hall, UW-Parkside, 900 Wood Road, Kenosha. Special guests are Winner of our 2016 Young Artists’ Competition and Side-by-Side Youth Invitational Participants.
General admission tickets to all concerts are $23 in advance and $25 at the door, with students 20 and younger receiving free general admission. Tables of eight and 10 are available for both Summer and Holiday Pops concerts for $260 and $325, respectively, per concert. Individual table seats at Pops concerts are $32.50 each. Tables and individual table seats usually sell out, so order early. General admission tickets to the Special Event at Wingspread are $75 each; reserved table seats are $125 each.
Educational programs are free and open to the public.
- Young Artists’ Competition — Sunday, Feb. 12, 2017, 1 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church, 716 College Ave.
- Concert for Fifth Grade Students — Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 9:15 and 10:45 a.m. at Grace Church, 3626 Highway 31.
For more information on our concerts and educational programs, and to purchase tickets to the concerts, visit www.racinesymphony.org or call 262-636-9285. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
These concerts and educational programs are made possible by the generous support of The Racine Community Foundation, SC Johnson, Runzheimer Foundation, the United Performing Arts Fund, Johnson Bank, Educators Credit Union, Marjorie Christiansen Foundation, Burlington Community Fund, and our patrons and donors.