This summer get ready to see Downtown Racine shine. New retail shops, restaurants and breweries are on the brink of opening and events are a plenty. The Downtown Racine Corp. is hard at work making sure Downtown Racine is your chosen destination all year long. This summer, we have so many new and exciting events you won’t want to miss.
Looking for a new fitness class? Try Bend and Brew — Yoga followed by a beverage every Saturday morning or Move and Groove — Zumba on Thursday evenings. Want to listen to live music? Look no further, each Friday and Saturday Downtown will be rocking.
Love the arts? Come down for one of our Art Walks or stop any day and visit our 14 galleries and view the 30 K-9 rescue dogs that will be on display for our annual public art project. Foodie? We have top-notch international cuisine on almost every block. Ready to party? We are once again hosting German Fest and Party on the Pavement, Racine’s largest street festival.
Save the dates
Mark your calendar for these Downtown Racine events:
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade — March 17 at noon, enjoy Irish music, dancers and festive floats.
- First Fridays — First Friday of each month April through December, 4-9 p.m.
- DRAW — Racine Art Walk — April 21, 4-8 p.m., watch artists create their work in front of your eyes and stroll through our galleries and shops.
- Move and Groove: Zumba on Monument Square — Thursdays, June 14-Aug. 30, 5-6 p.m. The $10 fee includes Zumba instruction and a $5 food or beverage certificate at participating locations.
- Music on the Monument — Fridays, June 15-Aug. 31, enjoy live classic rock music from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Monument Square.
- Bend and Brew — Saturdays, June 23-Sept. 1, yoga from 10-11 a.m. on Monument Square followed by your choice of brew (coffee or beer) at participating locations. The $15 fee includes yoga instruction and $5 brew certificate.
- Saturday Sounds on the Square — Saturdays, June 23-Sept. 1, 2-5 p.m., enjoy free live music, food and shop vendors, along with free baggo and yard dice rentals.
- German Fest — Saturday June 23, 5-10 p.m. and Sunday, June 24, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., enjoy live German music and food, fun games and steins of beer.
- Monument Square Art Fair — June 9-10, stroll through various artist’s booths, enjoy everything from ceramics, glass, jewelry, wearables to sculpture, photography, mixed media and painting.
- Party on the Pavement — Sept. 22, enjoy the biggest party of the year with live music on four stages, carnival rides and much more.
Download the app
Want updates throughout the year on Downtown? Join our text club. Text the word Racine to 99557 or join our email list. Have you tried our new Downtown app? Search Downtown Racine in the app store, available for Android and Apple.
We truly believe Downtown Racine is the heart of our community, and a community is only as strong as its core. Do you have a great idea for Downtown Racine? Want to volunteer at one of our events? Contact Kelly Kruse, Downtown Racine Corp. executive director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-634-6002.