RACINE — Music festivals at our scenic lakefront were once a staple in bringing the community together each summer. Partially inspired by that concept, Route 20 Cares announces the first Rock the Harbor music festival June 14-17 at Pershing Park, 800 Pershing Park Drive, on Lake Michigan.
“What makes this event so unique in nature is all funds will benefit Racine County youth activities through a donation to our Parks and Recreation Department,” said Ray Stibeck, event director. "What better way than to deliver positive musical energy and as a result, contribute financial support to help our local kids.”
The Friday night headliner is rock icon Eddie Money, and Saturday features American metal band, Dokken. A variety of other bands will perform throughout the four-day music festival. The lineup to date (more to be announced):
- June 14 — Matt Meyer and the Smooth Riders, 5 p.m.; Mixed Company, 7 p.m.; Lunchmoney Bullies, 8:30 p.m. Free admission.
- June 15 — Bill Sustachek, noon; Zachariah Red, 3 p.m.; Blues Rock Band, 5 p.m.; Natty Nation, 6:30 p.m.; Wayland, 8 p.m.; Eddie Money, 9:30 p.m.
- June 16 — The Sentinels, noon; Zachariah Red, 1:30 p.m.; Black Belt Theatre, 3 p.m.; Facelift (Alice in Chains tribute), 5 p.m.; Imperial Fall, 6:30 p.m.; Tantric, 8 p.m.; Dokken, 9:30 p.m.
- June 17 — Zachariah Red, noon; Hammered Brass Band, 1:30 p.m.; Cosmic Railroad, 3 p.m.; Hot Rocks (Rolling Stones tribute), 5 p.m.
The festival will also include an all-ages midway carnival, food and merchandise vendors, and a beer, craft beer and wine tent.
Hours are 4-11 p.m. June 14, 11 a.m.-midnight June 15, 10 a.m.-midnight June 16 and 11 a.m.-7 p.m. June 17. General admission tickets cost $10. VIP packages are being sold for $25. There is no admission fee for Community Night June 14. For tickets and updated information, go to www.rte20.com or www.rocktheharborracine.com.
- Occurred Thursday, June 14th, 2018 @ 4:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Occurred Friday, June 15th, 2018 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 am
- Occurred Saturday, June 16th, 2018 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 am
- Occurred Sunday, June 17th, 2018 @ 11:00 am – 7:00 pm