Details for Column

LeGaLLy speakinG by Sally A. Hoelzel Attorney at Law Grandparent visitation riGhts Divorce, death or absence of a parent may result in grandparents being denied access to their grandchildren. Most people are surprised to learn that grandparents have no automatic right to contact with their grandchildren. A court order may be needed.Wisconsin has a “third party visitation” statute under which a court may grant grandparents visitation with their grandchildren over the objection of the parent(s). This can be a difficult process as the law presumes that a fit parent makes decisions that are in the best interest of his/her child. However, under the right circumstances, grandparents or others may be granted visitation. At Pruitt Law Offices S.C., our legal professionals are experienced in grandparent visitation issues, as well as all other aspects of family law. To schedule a free consultation to discuss what might be right for you, contact the Pruitt Law Offices S.C. at 262-633-8301, through our website at, or visit us at 731 Main Street in Racine. We are your partners for professional service. Advertisement

You may be interested in

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.