Thank you, Racine County area residents. You helped set a local record of 2,124 warm clothing items donated to "The Big Bundle Up." Statewide, 31,041 winter clothing items, including coats, gloves, scarves and snow pants, were donated from Nov. 16 through Jan. 2.
We thank the Downtown Racine Corp., Greater Union Grove Area Chamber of Commerce, Waterford Area Chamber of Commerce, Victory Lane Full Service Car Wash, Sew 'n Save and Connect Cell for serving as donation sites.
Winter wear collected in Racine County went to:
- Burlington Transitional Living Center, an agency that provides temporary assistance to people in need of shelter and living essentials.
- Homeless Assistance Resource Organization (HALO) of Racine.
- The Salvation Army of Racine.
- Thread by Thread, a clothing ministry of Bethania Lutheran Church.
- Union Grove Food Bank's clothes closet.
- Veterans Assistance Program, located at the Southern Center near Union Grove
- Women’s Resource Center of Racine, an organization that provides crisis intervention, shelter and services to victims of domestic abuse.
Thanks again for making "The Big Bundle Up" a success. Let's do it again next year.
Paul Holley, marketing director, Real Racine