Racine Fire Department News

jonathan.brines@journaltimes.com

RACINE — A photography machine overheated and started smoking in the basement of a home while the residents were sleeping Wednesday morning. 

Just after 9 a.m., residents in a home on the 1600 block of Boyd Avenue were awakened by the sound of their smoke detectors going off. The Racine Fire Department was dispatched to the home for an "electrical smell and smoke in the basement," according to a press release.

The fire was contained to the photography machine in the basement. 

The incident caused roughly $1,000 worth of damage. No one was hurt, and the residents did not require any further assistance. 

The fire department is reminding residents to test their smoke detectors on a monthly basis.

Angry
2
Sad
1
Funny
1
Wow
1
Love
1

Load comments