HORLICK HIGH SCHOOL

Horlick High School, 2119 Rapids Drive, Racine, Wis.

RACINE — The Racine Fire Department is crediting a Horlick High School student and teacher with quick action to extinguish a trash can fire inside the school theater Thursday morning.

Officials said a student discovered a small fire inside a trash can in the theater, then notified his teacher and activated the fire alarm. The teacher put the fire out with a fire extinguisher, and the fire was contained within the trash can.

“This is a great example of if you see something, say something,” Fire Department officials said. “Quick thinking and action prevented a possible disaster.”

2
2
1
3
1

Reporter

Michael "Mick" Burke covers business and the Village of Sturtevant. He is the proud father of two daughters and owner of a fantastic, although rug-chewing, German shepherd dog.

Load comments