Fights break out at rodeo at fairgrounds; two arrested

2013-08-17T23:42:00Z 2013-12-12T10:12:21Z Fights break out at rodeo at fairgrounds; two arrestedSTEPHANIE JONES Journal Times

YORKVILLE — A man and woman were arrested Saturday night after Racine County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a rodeo being held at the Racine County Fairgrounds.

Racine County dispatchers received a call at about 8:40 p.m. for a report of a large fight at a “Mexican rodeo” being held at the fairgrounds, said Racine County Sgt. Chuck Gehrand.

The caller said there were 25 private security guards at the event, according to Gehrand, and dispatchers advised police the number of people fighting was unknown and the use of weapons was unknown. They also advised that they could hear security yelling for people to stop resisting, according to Gehrand.

Law enforcement officers from Mount Pleasant, Sturtevant, the State Patrol and Kenosha County also were called to assist, he said.

By the time police arrived, the fight was done, Gehrand said, but there were hundreds of patrons and many appeared agitated.

The preliminary investigation found that the security staff was breaking up a fight and escorting the people involved off the property. During this time some of the patrons interfered and assaulted security staff, according to Gehrand.

A man and woman were taken into custody for disorderly conduct and battery, he said. The woman was taken to Aurora Medical Center in Kenosha for non-life-threatening injuries.

Then, while police were on scene, another fight broke out involving about four to six people, whom deputies escorted off the property and told to leave without incident.

Copyright 2015 Journal Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

(17) Comments

1. Obama
    Obama - August 19, 2013 2:19 pm
    You should adhere to your call name.
  2. Obama
    Obama - August 19, 2013 2:10 pm
    Well old guy it started with the BEHAVIOR of the people who were fighting at the rodeo. As parents it is the responsibility of ours to teach our children how to behave and problem solved. its a chance that the fight started with someone disrespecting someone to some degree. So I made a few personal comments about my own parenting to inspire and
    motivate not cause envious hate. That fight could have been avoided if someone would have simply apologized which is something parents TEACH Their children. that fight could have been avoided if someone walked away which is something that parents should TEACH their children. That fight could have been avoided if everyone involved in the incident would have shown mutual respect towards each other which Should be TAUGHT By parents But instead I was attacked for bragging on my children I was even Attacked by using the name Obama Which is the name of my pitbull. It is my strong opinion that being a better parent Can produce A better human being Which makes a better community for all of us to live in. Marinate on that Just a lil bit.

3. makesenseorshutit
    makesenseorshutit - August 19, 2013 8:07 am
    @oldguy...NOTHING!! Smh..forgive him(obama that is) for he knows not what he do!!
  4. oldguy
    oldguy - August 19, 2013 7:57 am
    What do most of this obama comments have to do with the rodeo story ?
  5. Obama
    Obama - August 19, 2013 4:48 am
    There must be some type of government experiment going on in Racine. is there something in the water ? are there Chemical trails consistently over the city?! Of course my children have made mistakes but I will not stand by and allow them to continue to make the same mistake over and over and over again. as a parent it is my duty to make sure I give them my all. are your children were you giving your all miss make no sense or shut it?? And please don't discredit me for using the name Obama how ridiculous is that!!! The moral of the story is spend more time with your kids

6. Obama
    Obama - August 19, 2013 4:33 am
    so is there something wrong with going hard at being a good parent!??! Sounds like to me You may be slightly jealous its okay just step your game up! And as far as sounding stupid the name Obama belongs to millions on this planet Earth. try make some sense out of that!! Salaam alaikum!
  7. Obama
    Obama - August 19, 2013 4:26 am
    Hey we are blessed to have well behaved kids. believe me lots of prayer has gone into it. do you understand what spare the rod spoil the child means? those are the words of God
    which doesnt coexist with bragging on your children. growing up in a single parent home and living in the projects I know firsthand the odds that our children are up against. our children are worth the time and investment to be by their side every step of the way. lack of parental involvement is one of the main reasons why are children are out of order

8. JT fact checker
    JT fact checker - August 19, 2013 2:49 am
    Alcohol played a factor.
  9. 2brnt2b
    2brnt2b - August 18, 2013 10:09 pm
    It was a Mexican Rodeo so it must be Cruz's fault.
  10. makesenseorshutit
    makesenseorshutit - August 18, 2013 3:15 pm
    One more thing obama.. if they never make mistakes they will never learn! Stop embarrassing our president! Change your name!!
  11. makesenseorshutit
    makesenseorshutit - August 18, 2013 3:03 pm
    Obama....first of all I'm a SINGLE Black female who've raised four on my own... you sound real stupid bragging about what "yours" wouldn't do! Out of sight , out of mind! I would brag about mines... but I choose to thank God for the outcome!! Zip it!! OUR people simply need to do BETTER! Geesh!
  12. Obama
    Obama - August 18, 2013 11:32 am
    So the answer to your question is no they wouldn't behave like that. knowing my children they wouldn't be at a rodeo because it smells and their shoes may get dirty.
  13. Obama
    Obama - August 18, 2013 11:27 am
    My children are not perfect but getting all of your children to graduate with no arrest record is a major plus. teaching them right from wrong from day one is so necessary in this world. we have frequent conversations about decision making and the consequences for making stupid mistakes. I teach them to pay attention to their surroundings and
    to vacate the scene immediately if there is any signs of trouble
  14. Obama
    Obama - August 18, 2013 11:18 am
    I'm a firm believer in spare the rod spoil the child. my children know that it is mandatory to be on their best behavior anywhere in public. so far my oldest daughter has graduated with honors and she's not pregnant nor does she drink or smoke. my boys have never been arrested and they are straight a students as well. can't slack on parenting not one bit.
  15. Freedom of speech just my opinion
    Freedom of speech just my opinion - August 18, 2013 9:50 am
    Obama, but if those were your kids, would they be behaving like that though??
  16. Obama
    Obama - August 18, 2013 9:34 am
    Rodeo?? A fight breaks out in front of police the individuals get escorted off the property!??? They must have been white. 1 because they didn't get arrested and 2 I don't think that many black folks go to rodeos I'm just sayin
  17. layedback
    layedback - August 18, 2013 8:26 am
    Ghetto...people bring the Ghetto with them. Obviously Racinians.
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick