RACINE — The Board of Education recognized seven Racine Unified School District teachers who have earned the highest form of teacher certification.
This year, RUSD had the second highest number of National Board-certified candidates in Wisconsin and in total 17 teachers hold National Board certifications.
Certification consists of four components: written assessment of content knowledge, reflection on student work samples, video and analysis of teaching practices and documented impact and accomplishments as a teaching professional. The process generally takes two to three years to complete.
The following teachers are National Board-certified staff members:
- Joanna Hasty, Red Apple Elementary School
- Jennifer Humphreys, Case High School
- Sarah Roth, Case High School
- Josh Sherman, Horlick High School
- Katherine Katzer, Racine Alternative Learning
- Marcy Keith, Olympia Brown Elementary School
- Ashley Lindstrom, ASC