MADISON — These Racine County private nonsectarian and religious schools have registered with the Department of Public Instruction by the Jan. 10 deadline to accept students for the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program for the 2018-19 school year:
- Catholic Central High School, 148 McHenry St., Burlington; 262-763-1510.
- Renaissance School, 6150 Taylor Ave., Racine; 262-554-6768.
- St. Charles Borromeo, 449 Conkey St., Burlington; 262-763-2848.
- St. John’s Lutheran School, 198 Westridge Ave., Burlington; 262-763-2377.
- St. Mary School, 225 W. State St., Burlington; 262-763-1515.
- St. Thomas Aquinas School, 302 S. Second St., Waterford; 262-534-2265.
- Shoreland Lutheran High School, 9026 12th St., Somers; 262-859-2595.
- Trinity Lutheran School, 7900 Nicholson Road, Caledonia; 262-835-4326.
- Wisconsin Lutheran School, 734 Villa St., Racine; 262-633-7143.
The Wisconsin Parental Choice Program allows students who reside outside of the Milwaukee and Racine Unified School Districts to use a taxpayer-funded subsidy to attend participating private or religious schools.
To qualify for the program for the 2018-19 school year, a new student must have a family income equal to or less than 220 percent of the federal poverty level, which is $54,120 for a family of four or $61,120 if the child’s parents or guardians are married.
For the statewide choice program for the 2018-19 school year, students must be applying to a 4- or 5-year-old kindergarten or grades one or nine or meet one of the following requirements for the prior school year: attend a public school in Wisconsin, attended school in another state, not enrolled in school, participated in the choice program, on a choice waiting list, or on any prior year Wisconsin Parental Choice Program waiting list in 2015-16 or later due to a school district enrollment cap.
Parents who wish to enroll their child in a private or religious school participating in the statewide voucher program for the 2018-19 school year must complete the online application between Feb. 1 and April 20 on the Private School Choice Programs Student Application website at dpi.wi.gov/choice.
After completing the online application, parents must provide residency and income documentation (if applicable) to the school(s) they apply to before the close of the application period on April 20.