Subscribe for 17¢ / day
Racine Fire Department News

RACINE — A teenage boy suffered minor injuries during a kitchen fire Thursday morning. 

The Racine Fire Department was dispatched to 2923 16th St. for a kitchen fire at around 10:47 a.m. Thursday, according to a Racine Fire Department news release. By the time fire officials arrived, the fire was out. 

The Racine Police Department also responded to the scene.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking oil on the kitchen stove top that overheated and caught fire, fire officials determined. 

A 14-year-old boy attempted to move the burning oil and sustained minor burn injuries to his lower leg from the burning oil before extinguishing the fire. No other injuries were reported.

The house remains livable, but the fire caused an estimated $1,000 damage and $200 to the home's contents. 

0
1
0
0
0

Reporter

Alyssa Mauk covers breaking news and courts. She enjoys hanging out with her daughter, gaming on her XBOX One, comic books and heavy metal music.

Load comments