RACINE — Some guests at a private, political fundraiser appeared traumatized and reported being bumped, mocked or temporarily blocked from entering the home last week in an upscale Racine neighborhood by protesters later ticketed by police.
Seventeen protesters, who live in Racine County and elsewhere in Wisconsin, were cited Thursday with picketing of residences for protesting in a residential area, according to police reports released Tuesday. The protesters were organized by Wisconsin Jobs Now, a coalition of community groups from across the state interested in growing jobs and making sure politicians represent “the 99 percent.”
The group picketed outside of Fred Young’s home, in the 3200 block of Michigan Boulevard, during a fundraiser for state Rep. Robin Vos, R-Rochester. Young told police that several guests at his party told him “they had been accosted by the picketers outside his residence,” according to police reports. “Some (guests) were elderly and visibly traumatized by the confrontation.”
A 75-year-old Racine County woman “was trembling and near tears,” according to the report. “One (protester) kept trying to grab her and force her to have a photograph taken with the group. She said they were mocking her.”
Those cited were:
- Kelley D. Albrecht, 41, of the 200 block of North Kendrick Avenue in Burlington;
- David E. Corey, 60, of the 1300 block of Crossway Road in Burlington;
- Hannah R. Deutsch, 23, of the 11000 block of North Grace Court in Mequon;
- Dana M. Dumbacher, 22, of the 800 block of North Second Street in Milwaukee;
- Martin E. Eigenberger, 64, of the 1400 block of Sheridan Road in Kenosha;
- Michael A. Erdmann, 41, of the 4200 block of West Hope Avenue in Milwaukee;
- Matthew S. Finnell, 27, of the 100 block of Farrell Street in Madison;
- Florence M. Hammeley, 70, of the 3000 block of 86th Street in Kenosha;
- Nicholas A. Janis, 23, of the 1100 block of 224th Avenue in Bristol;
- Molly B. McQuire, 23, of the 3300 block of South 86th Street in Milwaukee;
- An Shing Ming, 23, of the 3300 block of Hawkeye Court in Green Bay;
- Maria A. Morales DeJuarez, 67, of the 900 block of North Memorial Drive in Racine;
- Rosendo Rodriguez Vega, 56, of the 200 block of Jones Street in Racine;
- Todd E. Stoner, 25, who had a New Jersey driver’s license, but told a police sergeant he moved to Wisconsin about three months ago. Stoner told police he was living in the 1900 block of North Summit Avenue in Milwaukee;
- Wendy B. Stott, 29, of the 2000 block of North Farwell Avenue in Milwaukee;
- Sarah J. Wagner, 61, of the 26000 block of 31st Street in Salem;
- Paula J. Zellner, 49, of the W3000 block of Twin Creek Road in Porterfield.
The protesters’ municipal court date is set for Feb. 1, according to copies of the citations.