Dryer fire causes evacuation, $1,000 damage

2013-01-07T21:00:00Z 2013-12-11T10:08:56Z Dryer fire causes evacuation, $1,000 damageJournal Times staff Journal Times
January 07, 2013 9:00 pm  • 

RACINE — An early morning dryer fire forced a family of five to evacuate their home on Monday and resulted in an estimated $1,000 in damage.

The Racine Fire Department was called just past midnight on Sunday to the home on the 2300 block of Carmel Avenue for the accidental dryer fire, according to a fire department press release.

Racine firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the fire and there have been no injuries reported, according to the release.

Copyright 2015 Journal Times. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

No Comments Posted.

Add Comment
You must Login to comment.

Click here to get an account it's free and quick

Featured Racine-area Businesses

Ridgewood Care Center - Racine, WI

Ridgewood Care Center is a multi-specialty long-term care facility in Racine, Wisconsin. County-owned, we a…

Molbeck's Health & Spice Shop - Racine, WI

Molbeck's Health & Spice Shop - Racine, WI

Your health is our business. Your service for the latest health supplements & hard-to-fi…

Business Offer

Durand Automotive Center - Racine, WI

Durand Automotive Center - Racine, WI

Durand Automotive Center is a complete Automotive and Fleet Repair Center. We do it all ~ ma…

Business Offer

Strouf Funeral Home - Racine, WI

Strouf Funeral Home - Racine, WI

Since 1925, Strouf Funeral Home has been family owned and operated in Racine, Wisconsin. We …

Business Offer

Poll

See more polls
Loading…

Should cell phone use be banned in construction zones?

View Results